For our Narrative Structure, we have now been given the fiction project to do. We can have our fiction based on something that already exists or try to make something up completely. Fiction is basically the opposite of non-fiction. Fiction is made up, not based on truth.
List of Myths
The Myth of Sisyphus
The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
The myth of Pegasus and Bellerophontes
Calypso and Odysseus
The myth of Cassandra
The myth of Pandora’s Box
List of Fairy-tales
Hansel and Grethel
Beauty and the Beast
List of Urban Legends
Have you cheeked the children?
The missing bride
The chocking Doberman
Humans can lick too
Footprints in the snow
– Main character goes into house for a dare and gets trapped. Needs to escape while a murder is inside with her/ same start only now must avoid the tormented ghosts of the urban legends.
– Characters play bloody Mary, bloody Mary shows up. Takes one character and other goes through mirror after to save them.
– Character and dog in home, discover someone after them. The pair must escape while being trapped inside house.
– Girl enters old home since she’s lost, several things try to get her, discovers a dead bride who hid in box, then must get out alive.
– escape the ghost ship.
While it’s called the seven basic plots there are more than seven. These are overcoming the monster, rags to riches, the quest, voyage and return, comedy, tragedy, rebirth, rebellion against the one and mystery. The last two aren’t as common as the others however over the years they have increased in popularity. All the plots can be put into five stages, these are anticipation, dream, frustration, nightmare, miraculous escape/redemption/achievement of prize and in the case of tragedy the hero’s destruction.
Overcoming the Monster – The protagonist sets out to defeat an antagonistic force which threatens the protagonist and/or protagonist’s homeland.
Rags to Riches – The poor protagonist acquires things such as power, wealth, and a mate, before losing it all and gaining it back upon growing as a person.
The Quest – The protagonist and some companions set out to acquire an important object or to get to a location, facing many obstacles and temptations along the way.
Voyage and Return – The protagonist goes to a strange land and, after overcoming the threats it poses to him/her, returns with nothing but experience.
Comedy – Light and humorous character with a happy or cheerful ending; a dramatic work in which the central motif is the triumph over adverse circumstance, resulting in a successful or happy conclusion.
Tragedy – The protagonist is a villain who falls from grace and whose death is a happy ending.
Rebirth – The protagonist is a villain or otherwise unlikable character who redeems him/herself over the course of the story.
More detail in the ideas.
– The main character is dared to go into an abandoned looking home. They go inside and everything seems normal at first. When they head further inside they discover that they are in trouble as this isn’t a normal home. Different urban legends are in the home, the main character must get out alive while avoiding the mini urban legends while mainly trying to escape the murderer that’s also inside with them.
.Have different urban legends that encounter in the rightful place (if it’s based in bedroom then event in bedroom, bathroom event in bathroom etc.)
.story from start to end
– Two friends are playing the game bloody Mary, at first it doesn’t work, the more daring one thinks they did the wrong version and does another one. At first nothing seems to have happened but bloody Mary makes her entrance and takes them away. The other one decides to go after them, ends up in a mirror like place and must both find the missing friend and avoid being killed by Mary.
.At first it shows both of them as go into mirror world switches to character POV
.Also try character POV thought-out the animation
.Takes the different versions of bloody Mary. (The one that doesn’t work, the one that works and different versions mushed into one as the character is in the mirror)
.The story starts at the end as the pair are battered and bruised, someone comes in concerned and the pair looks
– Starts of like the story humans can lick too however the dog doesn’t get killed. However it is injured, it try’s and warns it’s sleeping owner, only getting them out of bed when the intruder makes an entrance. The pair then try to escape but find they are trapped within the home, they phone the police and after it’s a matter of staying alive until they arrive.
.Dog is main character
.Has a clock tower element to it where they can’t fight the killer and all they can do is hide.
– A lost girl enters a home hoping for some help and directions. She finds it empty and decides to stay for a while. While exploring she discovers the body of a dead bride, she tries to escape the house before the bride gets her. She must also avoid the other trapped urban legends/ghosts as well as find out how and why she died.
.Character is little girl
.Character POV when hiding from ghost
– The characters are in a life boat lost at sea, they find a ship and board it glad to have been found. They soon find out that this ship is a ghost ship and that if they don’t escape by sunrise then they will become part of the crew.
.One of each character (male female white coloured etc.)
.None of them would be classed as main character
https://www.literacyshed.com/the-great-animations-shed.html – ways they could be animated.