While going through my client project I decided to enter the Amy Johnson festival since it would count as being a client.
It can’t be longer then 75 seconds and it has to follow an aspect of one of the themes they have asked for.
The themes to choose from are
•The life and flying achievements of Amy Johnson – Telling her story, key moments in her life, her personal struggles and achievements
•Women’s equality and liberation – Amy Johnson campaigned for women’s equality particularly at work. Women in engineering and science, Amy as a role model to introduce more young women to engineering and
•Flight in all its forms – Aircraft engineering, the physics of flight, insect flight – especially moths as Amy flew de Havilland Moth planes throughout her aviation career!
•World cultures, then and now – Reflections on culture, society and politics in the countries and continents at the time of Amy’s flight in 1930, or on the situation
I’m going to work on the first one, her life and flying achievements. This is because it is similar to what I wanted to show before finding this and it is the most interesting one to work on for me.
My idea for my Amy Johnson project was to show information about her and her journey. I first made a few designs before deciding on how I wanted her to look. I also tried collaging her in with a map and train tickets, I liked at how the map turned out since it looks clearer.
My idea was to animate her getting to her plane, then she would fly the same route she took. The way she would fly would look similar to how it looks in the Indian Jones map part. It would also show some of the different things she did while she was doing this, such as when she met new people or had to fix her plane
These are a few test ideas of how she would move
Part of what we have to do this year involves finding a client. However when I was asking I either received no response or when I did get one they didn’t need anything. Since I haven’t been having any luck I have gone down a different route. I have to imagine an animation project, what would it be and where it would take place etc. I came up with 3 different project ideas, these are.
• It would be for the 75th anniversary of her death
• It would be shown in Sewerby hall with her exhibit
• It would be an animation, it would show her accomplishment of flying along with some interesting bits and bobs
• It could also go into her exhibit in hull
• Sewerby hall have a website so something that they might be able to use for that
Reopening of the art museum in hull (Ferens art gallery)
• It would be most likely a poster and leaflets showing when it is reopening.
• The poster would show the building in a style of some of the art that it shows.
• The leaflet would show some of the more well-known artwork alongside with some lesser known ones.
• Could involve this with city of culture
City of culture
• Animation showing all the interesting places to visit (the deep, the museum quarter, Maritime museum etc.)
• Can also show off the many shops and places to eat
• As well as animation could have poster with a collage of the places in hull
The first and last one was agreed that they would be the best ones to do. After some thought I have decided to go for the Amy Jonson one.